Friday, September 24, 2010

Assignment 4 Post (Spreadsheet)

I do think that spreadsheet is a good tool and very useful for those who like it. In my personal opinion I do not think I would us it in my classroom, even as a mith teacher. The teachers I think that would use it the most as they said in our book are record keeping and accounting classes.

The three major function the book mentioned are storing, calculationg, and presenting. The book staits that the first thing spreadsheet is programed to do will store information usually numerical information. Second thing that spreadsheep does is the most important part it supports calculation functions, such as numerical contents of any combination of cells. The final step that spreadsheet takes is is presenting the information in a cariety of graphs and charts and can also do graphics.

References:
Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful learning with technology. Columbus Ohio: Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, spreadsheets can be used for many things that can assist a young person to, forgive the pun, excel in life. If a student can learn to effectivly manipulate spreadsheets then jobs other than manual labor are possibilities. Think about it, I am going into special education, and what kind of jobs do most MR people get? Jobs that require little cognative or perseptual intelagence. But, if a MR person could learn to use a program like this he could do many different things.

    ReplyDelete